January 11, 2009

mmm...Coffee time!


I think I am now not only addicted to internet but also addicted to coffee. But thank God I can limit it to one cup a day so far. I love the stimulating effect that coffee has. Drinking coffee surely increases my alertness levels and attention and counters sleepiness therefore I can get back on my work.

The health effects of coffee are controversial, and many studies have been performed on the relationship between coffee consumption and certain medical conditions. Studies have suggested that the consumption of coffee lowers the risk of certain diseases, but it may have negative effects as well, especially when it is excessive. So one cup a day won’t hurt, I guess.

You know what? Coffee doesn’t have to be black or with just cream and sugar these days, it can be anything you want and more. If you want a cup of coffee to savor, to impress your friends, or to leave your family with a memory they’ll have forever, then see what suits you .

Espresso

There are many types of espressos. The 8 main types are :

Cappuccino 1/3 espresso (1shot), 1/3 steamed milk, and 1/3 foamed milk
Latte 1/3 espresso (1 shot), 2/3 steamed milk
Macchiato 1 shot espresso with a dollop of foamed milk on top
Americano 1 shot espresso in a cup of hot water
Breve 1 shot espresso with warm light cream
Con Panna 1 shot espresso with a dollop of whipped cream on top
Mochaccino is cappuccino with chocolate syrup to taste
Lastly Romano is 1 shot of espresso with a twist of lemon peel